Abbas K. Gokal
Abbas K. Gokal, Partner
Abbas Gokal, MBA, Esq. is a partner at Gokal Law Group specializing in trust litigation and probate matters. He’s been recognized by Super Lawyers and Orange Coast Magazine as a Top 25 Rising Star attorney in Southern California, and has successfully recovered millions of dollars in settlements, trial verdicts, and arbitration for his clients.
Abbas prioritizes developing close client relationships and using his expertise as a trial lawyer to fight for those who’ve been hurt by others. For him, the key to successful client connections stems from the time he spends keeping clients informed and educated throughout the entire legal process.
- Juris Doctorate (Law Degree) — Suffolk University Law School, Massachusetts
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) — University of Massachusetts, Massachusetts
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology — State University of New York at Albany, New York
- California Supreme Court
- United States Central District of California
- United States Southern District of California
Experiences & Associations
- Barbaro, Gokal & Associates – Litigation Partner
- Johnson & Johnson (Advanced Sterilization Products), in-house contracts negotiations
- National Business Institute (Institute for Paralegal Education), Probate Process from Start to Finish – Instructor
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), five years as both a paid and volunteer first responder
- Orange County Bar Association – Trusts and Estates Section; Tort & Trial Section; Solo/Small Firm Section; 2022-2023 Secretary
- Consumer Attorneys of California, a professional organization made up of attorneys who represent plaintiffs seeking accountability from those who do wrong.
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- ProVisors, a community of professionals who serve their clients as trusted advisors and share the highest standards of integrity, performance and accountability
Volunteer & Charitable Organizations
For Abbas and his family, giving back to the community through community volunteerism and charitable acts are core values. He also worked as a volunteer First Responder EMT for five years and had the honor to serve at Ground Zero in NYC after 9/11/2001.
Abbas currently serves as a member of the Board for Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center (CAPC), a charitable organization of over 120 staff members driven to end the cycle of child abuse in Orange County. He’s volunteered with CAPC for the last five years and in 2015, had the privilege of serving as the Board’s Chair. Additionally, every April, Abbas and his wife Alison join a team of runners who race nearly 200 miles between Huntington beach and San Diego to raise awareness and funds for the cause - and each Christmas, the Gokal family adopts families in need and delivers basic living necessities to them, a Gokal family tradition.
Awards & Recognitions
Get A Free Consultation
The attorneys of Gokal Law Group, Inc. hold a glowing track record of successful judgments and settlements. As advocates for wronged beneficiaries, trustees battling greed, elders facing financial abuse, and families who have recently lost a loved one, we’re here for you.