EMPLOYMENT LITIGATION – EMPLOYEE REPRESENTATION
Representing Employees in Employment Related Disputes and Lawsuits
The employment attorneys for employees at the Gokal Law Group, Inc. represent employees in all employment related disputes and lawsuits. A dispute between an employee and his or her employer are very different than other disputes. Employees often feel like they lack the power or ability to stand up to their employer when they are being mistreated.
Employees also worry about their job and quality of life. An employment dispute can develop into a serious challenge which affects the work environment, the ability to perform normal work, income and overtime and ultimately their well-being and quality of life.
What should an employee do if they feel they are being mistreated by their employer? Our experienced employment attorneys help employees with questions relating to:
- Meals and Rest Breaks
- Unpaid Overtime
- Harassment or Discrimination
- Employer Retaliation
- Workplace Safety Violations
- Violations of Federal Labor Laws and Regulations
- Violations of California and Local Laws and Regulations
Attorneys Who Protect Orange County Employees
It’s true that California is considered to be one of the most “employee-friendly” states. California has adopted favorable laws protecting employees from unfair and unjust working conditions. The California Fair Pay Act provides additional rights and protections to California employees and helps to ensure each person is paid a fair wage for the work they are actually performing, regardless of where they are located.
The recent decision by the California Supreme Court in Dynamex Operations West, Inc. v. Superior Court (often referred to simply as “Dynamex”) protects employees from being misclassified as independent contractors or 1099 workers. This important decision establishes the important legal presumption that all workers in California are considered to be employees, and changes the burden of proof to the employer if the worker is classified in a different manner.
The attorneys at Gokal Law Group, Inc. have significant experience in representing employees who have been injured as a result of an employer’s non-compliance with both state and federal laws.
We represent employees in the following types of employment litigation claims:
- Wrongful termination based on public policy
- Harassment based on protected class, including sexual harassment
- Wage and Hour Violations
- Misclassification of employees as independent contractors or 1099 workers
- Unpaid overtime compensation
- Workplace safety violations
- Discrimination (including age, gender, sexual-orientation, race, pregnancy, disability, and religion)
- Retaliatory conduct
- Retaliation against whistleblowers
- Workers compensation retaliation
- Breach of employment contracts
- Denial of retirement benefits
- Severance agreements and exit packages
- Constructive discharge
- Violations of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Violations of the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Violations of California Family Rights Act
- Violations of Fair Labor Standards Act
- Violations of the California Equal Pay Act
Contact Our Attorneys for Employees
Are you an employee who believes you have been mistreated or unfairly managed by your employer or a member of their management team? Are you concerned about your rights as an employee and the compensation you are being paid?
If you believe you have a valid case against your employer we invite you to contact the experienced attorneys for employees at the Gokal Law Group, Inc. or call us at (949) 753-9100 to discuss your unique circumstances and what our proven Orange County employment attorneys can do to help.